My humblest apologies to everyone who was waiting on this post. No I did not forget, I was just having very bad WiFi problems but the issue has been sorted out and here I am!
Day 2/30: Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
Today I had a lot of time to think about this blog post and what I really wanted to say. You see, in my dream world I would see myself having won my first Oscar and starred in at least 10 films before I turn 30. I would love to have my own reality TV show and have written my autobiography and just be on vacation for the rest of my life because I won the lottery and gave a portion to my mom and charity… But I had to come down from this cloud really quickly.
I’m no psychic, I fear that I might dream too big sometimes and I always tend to get into the worst jobs for some reason. After some thought and discussion with both my mom and my boyfriend I came to realize that I have to be realistic so here we go:
I’ve narrowed my list down to 8 goals and aspirations so that I don’t bore you to death and because I feel like I could go on forever but I won’t.
- Due to the fact that I will be getting my degree in 3 years time, I just want to be successful in my career and enjoy what I do. At the moment I’m still not sure if I want to go into journalism or the entertainment/advertising industry but whatever I choose, I hope that I am well and happy. I’m not sure whether I’ll pursue a second degree or diploma but if I do then you do you girl. Dream big, hustle hard and stay humble!
- As I’ve mentioned before, I am a hopeless romantic and I’d like to be married before I’m 30. My ideal age for engagement would be 23/24 and I’d like to be married by 25.
- I hope that in 10 years time I would have been able to pay back my family for everything they’ve done for me. I’d love to give my mom the vacation of her dreams and my dad a good car. My parents have honestly done so much for me that I could honestly never repay them but I can always try.
- I don’t want to look back and regret that I haven’t traveled enough. Which is why I would like to have at least been to a few good places. Traveling means so much to me and I hope that I can have my little passport book tattooed so many times I’ll need a new one!
- Personal growth and happiness means a lot to me. I hope that I’ve learned from my mistakes and really became a better person. I hope that I still value my religion the same and have grown spiritually. I really want to know that I’ll be grateful for all the opportunities and lessons I’ve learned.
- Have my first child by 26. I really want kids while I’m still fit and able to keep up with them. I’d love a family of 4 but I’ll settle for 3.
- I really want to be comfortable financially. Growing up, I could never work well with money and always struggled with jobs. I just want to be able to spoil myself and my family.
- The last one is going to sound cheesy but I’ve mentioned before on my blog that I don’t really have that many friends. I hope I’ve met a few great people who are ambitious and goal driven and bring out the best in me. The type of friends I can call and schedule a last minute road trip with so we can leave our hubbies at home for the weekend. I’m hoping Sex and the City type of friendship if you know what I mean.
I’m so pumped to do tomorrow’s post so stay tuned!