In my opinion this was probably the most boring and unoriginal post to write for the challenge so I decided to just name a few of the things I love and a few pet peeves.
- Photography: I’ve always loved pictures (my selfie game has been strong since 2003). I’d really like to learn more about it and eventually learn to take my own great photos. I really like apps such as Tumblr and Pinterest and if you’d like to come find me my tumblr can be found here and my Pinterest username is deeannedaniels.
- Road Trips: A good long drive is like therapy for my soul. I describe myself as the type of person who always craves adventure and loves exploring so that I can find new places.
- A Good Laugh: I have to admit, this is something I don’t do nearly enough. I’m still trying to come to terms with myself and my past because I have been hurt quite a bit. I love that feeling of just trying to gasp for air because you’ve laughed so hard.
- A Great Conversation: I can’t wait to meet someone who I can have such an amazing conversation with, that I never want to look at my phone. An honest and intellectual conversation means a lot to me. Even if it’s over cake and a good cup of coffee. Truman Capote once said “A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That’s why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, to intelligent talkers seldom meet.”
- Quality Time With Family: Please don’t get me wrong, as much as I love being out and about and exploring new places, I appreciate a good movie with my family. My mom and I love watching Two & a Half Men and just having a good laugh and I enjoy playing a good game of Call of Duty on the Xbox with my brother. Just a driving lesson with my dad makes me so happy.
- Date Nights With My One & Only: Matthew and I haven’t done this in a while but I must admit, we’ve had a great vacation together. We’ve had the opportunity to go on a road trip together and see so many new and exciting things. I’m so grateful I’ve had the opportunity to experience these things with my best friend.
- Good Food: I don’t think anyone will understand how much I appreciate a great meal. My mom’s food will always be a winner for me but even taking a bite of a cheesecake from Mugg & Bean I’ve been craving is just pure bliss to me.
- Late Night Adventures: I don’t know why but I’m a total night owl. Drives at night or just being outside on a calm evening with a great friend is my idea of a great time. I really want to camp and have a rooftop evening with great company.
- When People Take Pride In the Way They Look & Smell: The confidence that radiates from people who are comfortable in their own skin is amazing to me. You have a great pair of earrings? Flaunt them baby girl, I see you. Is that a new suit? Nice work you handsome gentleman! You bought a new pair of heels? Strut your stuff babe, I love it! Then if your perfume or cologne is just as good, I’m sold. Let’s be friends.
- Say Grace: It really just touches my soul when I see people pray before they eat. I don’t know what it is but just seeing how grateful you are for a meal or anything in particular just really hits my soft spot. If we’re in mid conversation and you want to say grace for your meal? Don’t apologize, keep going I’ll understand and never forget it.
My dislikes do not deserve photos and my internet connection is horrible so lets get on with it, shall we?
- Big Egos: I really hate people who are full of themselves. Confidence is great, don’t get me wrong but when you have a big head and can’t take a compliment then please have a seat when you come down to Earth.
- Bullying: This IS NOT okay with me in any way, shape or form. Bringing others down to ring yourself up is weak and immature. I have been bullied myself and getting through that was really difficult.
- Gossip: Who doesn’t love a good story once in a while? Okay. What I’m trying to say is that I hate “friends” who gossip. It’s really not okay to talk behind people’s backs and in the end it’s always going to come back to you.
- Unfaithfulness: Just the mere though of this makes my skin crawl. I’ve been cheated on before and only found out afterwards. What people need to understand is that if you’re unhappy in a relationship then leave. Please do not ever put someone through the pain of being cheated on. You destroy the outlook of future relationships for that person, break them down and also just make them question what was wrong with themselves when clearly YOU were the problem.
- Ignorance: Please remove yourself from my bubble if you always want to be right. Don’t try to shove your opinion down my throat because I can guarantee you won’t hear from me again.
- Failure To Use Your Indicator: My road rage is very real, I’m a qualified backseat driver and it really gets on my last nerve when people fail to use this genius invention. I shudder to think how angry I’m going to be when I start driving this year…
- Sweet Melon, Guava, Papaya, Mango, Asparagus and Celery: My mom always told me never to pull my nose up for God’s food but please don’t try to feed me this because I will cry.
- Girls Who Flirt With My Boyfriend IN FRONT OF ME: I try not to be the jealous type of girlfriend but wow, once at a restaurant the waitress complimented my boyfriend almost 5 times and when I handed her the bill she said thank you to my boyfriend who wasn’t even at the table. I find it so hard to trust girls because they’re so disrespectful in terms of relationships sometimes.
- People Who Can’t Take A Compliment: I can’t stand when I tell someone that they look beautiful and they respond with “No, I’m ugly”. I have to remove myself from that situation before I grab you and say “TAKE THE DAMN COMPLIMENT”. I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t mean it and it’s just polite. Move on and say thank you.
- People Who Don’t Show Common Courtesy: Saying please and thank you or opening a door for a lady is just so nice. When a guy forces himself in front of me to get through the door I just want to sit him down and school him on basic manners. Table manners are just as important too.
Are you excited for day 4? I know I am!