I’m going to be totally honest, I didn’t really know what to write and I had a whole lot of preparation for campus so it’s currently 22:36 here in South Africa and I don’t know why I am exhausted as I am right now.
I’ve mentioned before that I love listening to music and I thought I’d just leave a few tracks that I’ve been loving lately. I have done a post like this before but as time goes on, my music gets updated and I listen to new things.
- All Your Fault – Big Sean ft. Kanye West (Explicit): I have an unhealthy obsession with memorizing fast-paced lyrics and I have come to love this song so much. It took me about two weeks to fully nail it but I just love rap music because sometimes there are some great puns and a lot of word play. As an English major you can imagine how that excites me!
- We Don’t Talk Anymore – Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez: Back to my love for girly, romantic music which Matthew can’t stand when I blast it in the car, this song really has a great feel specially when you’ve lost connection with a loved one. It’s really one of my top tracks on my playlist and I am loving it.
- On My Mind – Ellie Goulding: Who doesn’t love blasting Ellie Goulding and not caring who hears? I know I do, especially this latest hit track because it is literally music to my ears. Well done Ellie! Dance floor chart topper for sure.
- In the Night – The Weeknd: This man did not win those Grammy’s for nothing ladies and gents. The Weeknd is an extremely talented artist with a Michael Jackson feel. I like that he can make music that speaks to the soul but still has that sultry edge that makes your knees weak.
- King Kunta – Kendrick Lamar: If his Grammy performance did not blow you away then please feel free to leave my page. I honestly love rap music and among my favourite artists, Kendrick Lamar definitely tops my list. I am so excited to see what he’s going to do next
Sorry this isn’t one of the greatest posts but I’m not feeling too well and I am dying to get into bed. Goodnight!