Hello my amazing readers, I cannot believe it’s that time again where I’m sitting down in front of my laptop and just writing a post for you guys. I am beyond excited to announce that my Kendall Jenner Inspired Red Lip Tutorial has been featured on Yardley London South Africa’s Instagram Page! You can find their profile by looking up yardleylondon_sa and leaving me some love if you would like to x. Also: I am filming a Q&A for my YouTube channel so if you’d like to leave me questions in the comments then please feel free to do so.
For those of you who didn’t know, I turned 20 on the 8th of August 2016 and this basically means that I am no longer a teenager and slowly but surely making my way into the adult world. I’ve come up with a few goals or things that I would personally like to achieve during my 20’s and I just want to inspire others to set goals for themselves and make the most out of life. Let me know if you have any goals you’ve set out for yourself in the comments!
- Get My Driver’s License: This is my number one priority at the moment and I am so so nervous to complete my driver’s test this month. I feel that this would be an amazing way to enter into my adult phase as having your driver’s gives you a sense of freedom and responsibility. Please keep your fingers crossed for me this month!
- Travel: Being someone who has never been overseas yet, I’m very keen on traveling and getting a job in order to save money and just explore new places and try new things. I promised myself that I’ve always wanted to go into a career that involves a lot of traveling to make up for what I’ve missed out on. Wanderlust is too real out here!
- Get My Degree: I am a double major in English and Language and Communication Studies, so I am always forced to work extremely hard because in South Africa, BA and English Degrees are not given enough credit and it is often difficult to find work. A degree would mean a great sense of accomplishment for me so I would love to obtain this and add it to the office wall in my future home.
- Intern at Cosmopolitan or any other fashion/beauty magazine: Although Cosmopolitan is top of my list, I wouldn’t mind interning for a beauty or fashion related magazine. I firmly believe that experience is everything in my industry and you can never have too much experience, however you can be over-qualified. How I see it is that I’m going to obtain my degree, intern and then complete my post grad in journalism. There are bursaries available to help with this and if I do obtain a bursary I walk straight into a job after my studies. Hard work never killed anyone!
- Own my own apartment: As much as I love being around my family, when I turned 20 I suddenly felt the need for my own personal space. Having no personal space in my house can be very frustrating sometimes and it’s not the best of situations. I hope to have my own place before the age of 25.
- Get Married: I know life is unpredictable and I’m not the type of person to set my heart on someone quickly but my family usually get married around 23-29 and I’ve always been in love with the idea of love.
- Have my first child: To be honest, I want this more than anything. I’ve had baby fever for the longest time and I love children so no surprise here.
- Learn a new language: I hope that with traveling and going to new places, I am able to absorb the culture and learn new languages along the way. I find learning to be so much fun and very interesting so this is a must for me
- New experiences: I would love to try new things and start going to various events. Being someone with social and actually wanting to put myself out there, it’s a very scary thought and exciting at the same time.
- Conquer my fear of putting myself out there: When I was bullied throughout high school, I was in such a bad place that when I transitioned to university it was really difficult for me to make friends and to this day I can’t start a conversation unless someone talks to me. I just want to get over this because it ruins so many aspects of my life and it’s time that I do things for myself.
- Win a competition: If you follow me on snapchat (just_deeanne) you would know that yesterday I posted a snap saying that I have never won a competition in my life. I feel I’m going to enter all the competitions I can and hopefully win something.
- Take my mom & grandma on the vacation of their dreams: A lot of my success I owe to my grandma and my mom. They were always there for me in the sense that they always pushed me to do better and never t give up. I honestly don’t think I would be at university if it were not for my grandma and my mom. Thank you ladies.
- Grow spiritually and deeper in my faith: I love God and everything about my religion, I just want to be spiritual on a much deeper level and just reach a point in my faith where I can honestly say I’m happy where I am.
- Go to a music festival: I’ve always wanted to go to ULTRA or just a music festival in general and enjoy myself and live it up.
- Adrenaline Sport FTW: I will bungee jump, water ski or white water raft before I turn 30 and this is not optional.
- Maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle: I’ve recently started eating so much healthier and exercising regularly. It feels so good to know that my body is in good shape and that I’m no longer lethargic and eating unhealthily.
- Go camping or on a road trip with a bunch of friends: This has always been one of the goals I’ve always wanted to achieve. Friendship is important to me in so many ways and I can’t wait to do this.
- Be financially independent: I never want to ask anyone for money and I want to work as hard as I possibly can so that I can be financially independent and never have to look at the price tag on an item of clothing ever again.
- Become the editor in chief of a magazine: The ultimate goal. YAAAS.
- Be happy with life and myself in general: I think that everyone should aspire to be happy with life and just happy with themselves in general.
See you next time lovely!