Hello beautiful and welcome back to my blog!
–Where have I been?–
Well, for the past few days I have been preparing for my upcoming exams, including one I am writing tomorrow. Yet, here I am in my room up late at night to bring you this blog posts. Exams has certainly ruined my sleeping patterns!
One thing I hate about exams is that when I get stressed, my skin starts to show it and my lips become extremely chapped. My saviour? The new Labello Bold Blackberry Shine Lip Balm!
Rubybox Beauty approached me a while back to add me to their bloggers database and asked if I would review products from time to time. Being the avid reviewer that I am, I could not turn down such an amazing opportunity. If you would like to check out there website then simply click here — and please note that this review company is only valid to those living in South Africa, however you can still see the amazing website and have a look at the review community.
I loved the packaging of the new flavour. It was like unwrapping a gift on Christmas! You had to pull the tab open to see the products inside. I loved the vibrant pop of colour and how it was packaged. It was bold (see what I did there…). To see my Bold look that I created, you can view my Instagram post here Labello is currently running a competition where if you buy your pack in store, you’ll find a cellphone number underneath the lip balm on the package and you can send your Bold recreations (outfit, make-up, hair etc.) to the number and stand a chance to win amazing prizes.
Inside the package were 3 little Labello Bold lip balms, RubyBox was so kind and sent me 2 boxes. In total, I have 6 Labello Bold lip balms, but I won’t be saying anything about where they might be going (Christmas Giveaway, Maybe?). The lip balm itself is small and convenient to pop into your purse, or if you’re a student like me then your compartment in your backpack. The lip balm is a “twist-up” which is great for me because I hate getting lipbalm under my nails when they’re in containers.
Photo Credit: http://www.fresh-store.eu
Before I used the Blackberry Shine, I used the Labello Blueberry Blush Lip Butter which is my all time favourite lip balm. Although the flavours are similar, they vary in a few ways.
- The Blueberry Blush has a soft Blueberry scent, which reminds me of blueberry sweets in a way and if I had no idea what flavour it was I wouldn’t really guess berry at first. The new Labello Bold has a bold blackberry scent, one where if you had a whiff (and trust me I can’t stop sniffing my lips when I have this on) then you would automatically associate the smell with blackberries.
- The BB Blush is a container, the BB Bold is a twist up.
- BB blush is lighter in colour while BB Bold is a dark purple colour pictured below.
And to answer the question you may have, yes. This lip balm does leave a tinge of purple on your lips after application (my boyfriend was not happy when I gave him this one after losing his one but I think it’s cute).
Overall, I’m not going to lie. Although I was picked to review this product, I’ll always love Labello as a product because they’re the only lipbalm I use as it doesn’t irritate my lips. I will however leave my thoughts here:
- I love the packaging: easy to access and store away.
- Love the colour. Vampy is my go to when winter comes around but is always fun to play with. Perfect if you would like to add colour without going overboard.
- The smell is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Like, go buy one and sniff it now please.
- Pricing is about R21,00 which I appreciate as I am a student and don’t always have money to splurge on things that I actually need.
- Does not irritate my lips. I HATE menthol and other strongly scented lip balms because they tend to make my lips tingle then dry them out.
Let me know what you think of the new Labello Bold, head over to my Instagram too so you don’t miss out on my Labello Bold demo which I will be uploading on Saturday to my IG.