Whether it’s for a hearty breakfast, or even a wholesome dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth, you can never go wrong with blueberry flapjacks. I think that I loved baking since I was a kid. I love the thought of experimenting with flavours and coming up with various combinations. I recently decided to spoil myself with a flapjack maker from Clicks which happened to be on sale. Usually I purchase the flapjacks from Woolworths and keep them in the freezer until I need to toast them. I never really liked the idea though, due to the fact that they’re never as fresh. So I decided to make them myself!
This recipe makes for about 4 in a flapjack maker, but feel free to double up if you would like more! Also, just a note that I would use a measuring jug when measuring out my ingredients, which is why I prefer to work with ml’s.
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 65ml sugar
- 65ml milk
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt
- 125ml self raising
- Blueberries (I love the blueberry pots from Woolworths which you can keep in the fridge)
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the egg and mix well
- lastly, add the milk and mix until the consistency is smooth but not runny.
- Add the blueberries into the mixture and fill the flapjack wells with mixture.
Don’t have a flapjack maker? Don’t worry, it works just as well in the pan too!
Hope you enjoy and please feel free to send me pictures to my social media if you use my recipe, I love seeing recreations!