So I just recently uploaded my What’s In My Backpack video. I’m going to give the rundown here on my blog for those who can’t access YouTube but if you can please feel free to watch, subscribe and give it a thumbs up ❤️.
– Cellphone: Basically, I’m obsessed with all my social media. I love keeping in touch with all my subscribers on YouTube and replying to comments on my blog so this is a definite must for me. A lot of people ask me where is my phone case from and it is from Typo but I wouldn’t recommend it because the glitter at the back comes off and looks really gross. I do have a new cover on my phone with an Eiffel Tower on it so I am so happy.
– Earphones: Definitely a must for me because my boyfriend listens to a lot of crude music which is a bit much for me so I prefer to have my own music and I wrote a lot of papers and I do not like silence so I have to have these babies with me at all times.
– Wallet: Even though I am your average broke student I like to have my wallet on me just in case I need money for food or textbooks even though I never keep money in my wallet because I’m super paranoid about being robbed or having my money stolen.
– My Student Card + Keys: I always have this on me because I can’t go anywhere without it. I have already started my driving lessons so hopefully one day my car keys will be attached to that bunch.
– File: To store my notes in before I paste them into my book.
– Binder: To store my notes in when I don’t have time to file them because when we print we have to get out of the line to accommodate the next person.
– Hardcover: I rarely carry this unless I have time to sort out my notes and study in the library.
– Prayer Book: Great book to have for when I feel anxious or need reassurance.
– Pencil Case: stores all my writing supplies as well as my stapler, stapler remover and extra staples.
– Emergency Bag: For when aunt flow comes to visit and when I need to freshen up because nobody wants to be smelly.
Hope you enjoyed a little peek of what’s in my backpack ❤️.
The truth is, I’ve been really busy with assignments for campus so I’m gonna spare you the boring details of why my posts are extremely delayed. Enjoy my February IG Round Up and for those of you that want to follow me my Instagram username is Just_Deeanne.
I’m going to be totally honest, I didn’t really know what to write and I had a whole lot of preparation for campus so it’s currently 22:36 here in South Africa and I don’t know why I am exhausted as I am right now.
I’ve mentioned before that I love listening to music and I thought I’d just leave a few tracks that I’ve been loving lately. I have done a post like this before but as time goes on, my music gets updated and I listen to new things.
- All Your Fault – Big Sean ft. Kanye West (Explicit): I have an unhealthy obsession with memorizing fast-paced lyrics and I have come to love this song so much. It took me about two weeks to fully nail it but I just love rap music because sometimes there are some great puns and a lot of word play. As an English major you can imagine how that excites me!
- We Don’t Talk Anymore – Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez: Back to my love for girly, romantic music which Matthew can’t stand when I blast it in the car, this song really has a great feel specially when you’ve lost connection with a loved one. It’s really one of my top tracks on my playlist and I am loving it.
- On My Mind – Ellie Goulding: Who doesn’t love blasting Ellie Goulding and not caring who hears? I know I do, especially this latest hit track because it is literally music to my ears. Well done Ellie! Dance floor chart topper for sure.
- In the Night – The Weeknd: This man did not win those Grammy’s for nothing ladies and gents. The Weeknd is an extremely talented artist with a Michael Jackson feel. I like that he can make music that speaks to the soul but still has that sultry edge that makes your knees weak.
- King Kunta – Kendrick Lamar: If his Grammy performance did not blow you away then please feel free to leave my page. I honestly love rap music and among my favourite artists, Kendrick Lamar definitely tops my list. I am so excited to see what he’s going to do next
Sorry this isn’t one of the greatest posts but I’m not feeling too well and I am dying to get into bed. Goodnight!
I had mixed emotions regarding this post, I had to ask the person if I could post the story and everything that came with it due to the fact that it is quite an emotional story and a personal one at that.
This is a 2 part series so part 2 will be up on my blog tomorrow when I post day 19 of the challenge just to clarify and because there was more to the story.
“A broken heart is the worst. It’s like having broken ribs. Nobody sees it, but it hurts every time you breathe”
For me, my world fell apart when the fighting started. It would start out as heated arguments which would turn into “whatever, I love you’s” and you’d think it would be something along the lines of “Oh but that’s romantic, the passion you have after a fight”. I thought so too, until the fighting became personal and would happen on a daily basis. Due to the fact that we hardly saw each other and I was performing poorly academically, he would throw it in my face because he was a top achiever and say the ugliest of things to me. I retaliated by being just as nasty and using the worst language and insults. The worse the fighting became, the more bitter it made me as a person. Eventually, I reached my breaking point where every evening we would fight, I would cry myself to sleep. In a way, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed sleep so much that I would blow off doing my homework just to get away from the pain I had to endure. My heart was shattered one night when I called him in tears and hysterically asked him “Why are you doing this?” and his response was “why are you crying? I don’t understand”. I became really sick during the time when the fighting started and started sleeping more, becoming really anxious around big groups of people and just unhappy in general. One day, I received word that my dad was heading off to work overseas in a war-torn country and decided to go over to visit my boyfriend at the time to let him know the news. My dad was leaving relatively soon so my mom told me I couldn’t stay long. When I broke down about my dad leaving he was relatively understanding and consoled me. For once I was happy, until I told him I couldn’t stay at his house for long. He just wasn’t having it and got really upset and when it was time to say goodbye, he didn’t hug me. Just told me that my family was waiting. Little did I know that when I got home, that would have been the last time I said goodbye to him. He had erased me from his contacts and refused to answer all my calls. He blocked me on Facebook and that was the last time I had heard from him. For nights on end I would cry hysterically and that’s when I started having panic attacks. My body would go into a total spasm after crying and I wouldn’t be able to breathe. I would pull out clumps of my hair and tend to throw up my food when I felt like I ate too much. I was mentally drained. I made fake accounts to check up on how he was doing and it turned out that there was another girl (discussed in part 2) and he seemed to have moved on. I remember one of my best friends asking me how I felt about 2 weeks afterwards and I told her that sometimes I would check my pulse because I felt so dead inside and I was scared my heart was broken to the extent that it stopped beating. I made a mistake by entering another volatile relationship where the guy I was with slept around with other girls. I felt like that was it for me, I couldn’t do it anymore.
That’s when I picked up my music player and lost myself in relatable music. It felt so good to just know that someone else could relate to what I went through. Music lead to dancing and I lost weight and started taking care of myself. I started changing the way I dress and being happier in general. I was happy because I could depend on myself, I started doing better in school and just immersing myself in everything I could to take my mind off of things.
That’s when my ex came back into the picture….
To be continued
Well hello there, look at me hitting you with a late night post (or day, depending where you’re from). So one of the challenge posts that I found absolutely fitting would probably be the 5 places I really want to visit. I’m not going to ramble on so let’s get going!
How terribly cliche of me, I do apologize but I personally feel like I need to eat a croissant and stare at the Eiffel tower from the comfort of my hotel room. Night walks in Paris under the gorgeous illuminating lights take my breath away just thinking about it. First on the list, in hopes that it will become a reality…
How can you look at this picture and not fall in love with this view? I would love to stay in an over-water bungalow and sip on coconuts while watching the sunset go down with the love of my life (Matthew, duh). I’ve always liked the beach, due to the fact that I grew up a walk away from it. But I’d love to tan under palm trees and forgetting about my worries, even if it’s only in my dreams.
Known for being the fashion capital of the world, obviously I would love me some Italian leather (faux, of course). I cannot imagine how much weight I would gain from indulging in the most exquisite Italian cuisine. My boyfriend is part Italian so this would be a fun little adventure!
How adorable is Pusheen in that sombrero? Not going to lie, only really want to experience the Mexican food. Taco, anyone?
Disney World, Orlando, Florida
Come on guys, I’m only 20 and I’ve ALWAYS wanted to go to Disney World. This is the dream, I begged my parents to take me for the longest time but because we live in South Africa, that’s just not possible.
Where do you want to travel to?
WE MADE IT HALFWAY THROUGH THE CHALLENGE!
I’m so excited to be doing this post, even though it’s not really beauty or fashion related (okay, technically it is), I thought this would be fun to write about.
There a million and one jobs in the world I would love to have but my dream job would be…
I don’t just mean any presenter, I’m thinking more along the lines of a presenter for E! Entertainment. I’d love to meet celebrities and get invited to exclusive red carpet events. When I was younger I used to love pretending I was an actress and I never had a problem presenting orals in front of my class. I love the rush of being seen by a lot of people and I watch E! News all the time and wish I could be a presenter.
My second choice would probably be an actress, I mean who wouldn’t love getting awards for starring in movies and getting dressed by the best designers in the world? I am gushing just thinking of how amazing that would be. WOW.
If you could be anything in the world, what would it be?
I apologize that this post isn’t that in depth but I’m not really feeling too great as I’m still recovering.
Hello everyone, I know I’ve been consistent with all my blog posts but I felt that I haven’t really posted anything personal besides my current relationship (If you missed that post, you can find it here). Tonight (It’s about 21:15 here in South Africa) I just really wanted to take a day to think about what I would’ve told myself and what I wish I knew then so here we go!
I hope this letter finds you well. I’m going to tell you a few things that I think you should know and hopefully you find helpful on your journey through the whirlwind we call life. I feel that primary school treated you well, but I just want to tell you that a cellphone is a very dangerous thing and you shouldn’t use it in school. You will get into A LOT of trouble. Yes, I know that guy in grade 8 is cute and says all the right things to you but please stay away from him, he’s too cool to be in a relationship and he will break your heart. For every boy you meet, be cautious. You fall too hard, too fast. Enjoy high school, I promise you won’t miss it when you’re done. I hope you’re happy with the friends you have because you’re not really going to hear from them again after high school except with the occasional hello here and there. Picking the subjects you’re going to do will be tough, I know. Personally I think you should’ve done business and history. But it’s okay, I need you to know that you need to push through, you can do anything if you put your mind to it. Do NOT ask your mom to cut that fringe, you will look horrible. Also, stay away from neon and glitter tights because its just a phase and those photos will haunt you forever. Do some volunteer work, you’ll enjoy it. When you’re in a serious relationship remember to put yourself first and never anyone else. Keep praying, I know you feel like it doesn’t help sometimes but trust me, God is listening and it will get better. You’re going to go through a tough break up, I want you to know it’s going to be okay. It’s going to take time to heal but you’ll be okay. Stop comparing yourself to other girls, you’re good enough as you are if not better. Listen to your mom, always. Your matric ball dress was disappointing because you didn’t listen. Applying to university is going to be the hardest battle you’ve ever fought. Keep fighting, keep calling, keep praying. Spoiler alert, you do make it into UWC. Don’t be upset when you don’t get in for what you want to study, doors close for a good reason: To point you in the direction of the right ones. Pursue your passions, practice driving and don’t let your license expire. I’m stuck with that problem at the moment and now I have to go write it AGAIN. My best advice to you is to be happy, a lot of people would kill to have the things you have or be in your position. Be grateful for all that you have and be excited for the great things coming your way. I’d give you a book on how your life should play out but that would ruin the fun of the surprises along the way.
I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t too excited to write this post because in my opinion my life isn’t really that interesting. I don’t really go out that much unless I go out with my boyfriend or I have errands to run. I plan on getting my drivers license before my birthday so hopefully I’ll be on the road before August!
My day started off with my mom waking me up. If she doesn’t, I could sleep the whole day away. Then she surprised me with muesli rusks and coffee which is my guilty pleasure and we had breakfast together. Shortly afterwards we had to head off to the mall to go to the hairdresser. Usually they wash my hair, put me under the dryer and then I proceed to the stylist who blow dries and flat irons my hair. After we paid my mom and I went for a late brunch at Wimpy and then we went home. I decided I wanted to film my every day make up tutorial to go up for next month (When my WiFi cap is reset) and I completed it successfully and took a few great selfies. Then my mom went to look for a suitcase because she’s going on a trip for work and we headed off to the mall once again. I ended off my day with a pizza after a nice long hot bath. Due to the fact that I am like an old person, I went to bed after talking to Matthew for an hour on the phone and playing XBox with my brother
I know, pretty boring right?
Sorry, I tried 😦
I’m not going to lie, this was not actually the topic for day 4 but the topics were becoming extremely repetitive so I had to look for alternatives.
I love listening to music, I feel lost without it. I feel that it needs to be playing in the car, when I do chores and when I get ready for my day. Here are six of my faves at the moment:
- Here – Alessia Cara: This, ladies and gentlemen, would be the theme song to my life. It’s been described as the introvert’s theme song and I couldn’t agree more. Basically it’s about how the singer is uncomfortable at a party and would rather be at home by herself instead of an uncomfortable environment. I always felt out of place at parties so this is definitely a song for me!
- Be Right There – Diplo & Sleepy Tom: Just a feel good track and a spin on the classics which I really love. Always gets me up and dancing around my room when I’m supposed to be getting ready.
- Feelings – Maroon 5: I love dance music and this just happens to be on my playlist for when I work out. Great beat, awesome to blast in the car and just have a crazy dance party.
- Perfect – One Direction: What a great song, just so honest and fun. I like playing this in the car when I feel like singing my heart out.
- I Cry When I Laugh Album – Jess Glynn: Words cannot describe how impressed I was with this album. If I really had to pick a fave it would probably be “You Found Me” but I just loved this album so I take my hat off to this woman.
- 2014 Forest Hill Drive Album – J. Cole: So proud of J Cole for releasing a really good album, I cannot pick a fave song so I thought I’d end this one off with his album. If you’re into rap I’d really recommend this album.
I’m so proud of myself for posting daily, this challenge has been difficult but I’m working really hard on my posts and trying to complete the challenge.
DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the pictures used & all credit goes to the respective owners.
In my opinion this was probably the most boring and unoriginal post to write for the challenge so I decided to just name a few of the things I love and a few pet peeves.
- Photography: I’ve always loved pictures (my selfie game has been strong since 2003). I’d really like to learn more about it and eventually learn to take my own great photos. I really like apps such as Tumblr and Pinterest and if you’d like to come find me my tumblr can be found here and my Pinterest username is deeannedaniels.
- Road Trips: A good long drive is like therapy for my soul. I describe myself as the type of person who always craves adventure and loves exploring so that I can find new places.
- A Good Laugh: I have to admit, this is something I don’t do nearly enough. I’m still trying to come to terms with myself and my past because I have been hurt quite a bit. I love that feeling of just trying to gasp for air because you’ve laughed so hard.
- A Great Conversation: I can’t wait to meet someone who I can have such an amazing conversation with, that I never want to look at my phone. An honest and intellectual conversation means a lot to me. Even if it’s over cake and a good cup of coffee. Truman Capote once said “A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That’s why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, to intelligent talkers seldom meet.”
- Quality Time With Family: Please don’t get me wrong, as much as I love being out and about and exploring new places, I appreciate a good movie with my family. My mom and I love watching Two & a Half Men and just having a good laugh and I enjoy playing a good game of Call of Duty on the Xbox with my brother. Just a driving lesson with my dad makes me so happy.
- Date Nights With My One & Only: Matthew and I haven’t done this in a while but I must admit, we’ve had a great vacation together. We’ve had the opportunity to go on a road trip together and see so many new and exciting things. I’m so grateful I’ve had the opportunity to experience these things with my best friend.
- Good Food: I don’t think anyone will understand how much I appreciate a great meal. My mom’s food will always be a winner for me but even taking a bite of a cheesecake from Mugg & Bean I’ve been craving is just pure bliss to me.
- Late Night Adventures: I don’t know why but I’m a total night owl. Drives at night or just being outside on a calm evening with a great friend is my idea of a great time. I really want to camp and have a rooftop evening with great company.
- When People Take Pride In the Way They Look & Smell: The confidence that radiates from people who are comfortable in their own skin is amazing to me. You have a great pair of earrings? Flaunt them baby girl, I see you. Is that a new suit? Nice work you handsome gentleman! You bought a new pair of heels? Strut your stuff babe, I love it! Then if your perfume or cologne is just as good, I’m sold. Let’s be friends.
- Say Grace: It really just touches my soul when I see people pray before they eat. I don’t know what it is but just seeing how grateful you are for a meal or anything in particular just really hits my soft spot. If we’re in mid conversation and you want to say grace for your meal? Don’t apologize, keep going I’ll understand and never forget it.
My dislikes do not deserve photos and my internet connection is horrible so lets get on with it, shall we?
- Big Egos: I really hate people who are full of themselves. Confidence is great, don’t get me wrong but when you have a big head and can’t take a compliment then please have a seat when you come down to Earth.
- Bullying: This IS NOT okay with me in any way, shape or form. Bringing others down to ring yourself up is weak and immature. I have been bullied myself and getting through that was really difficult.
- Gossip: Who doesn’t love a good story once in a while? Okay. What I’m trying to say is that I hate “friends” who gossip. It’s really not okay to talk behind people’s backs and in the end it’s always going to come back to you.
- Unfaithfulness: Just the mere though of this makes my skin crawl. I’ve been cheated on before and only found out afterwards. What people need to understand is that if you’re unhappy in a relationship then leave. Please do not ever put someone through the pain of being cheated on. You destroy the outlook of future relationships for that person, break them down and also just make them question what was wrong with themselves when clearly YOU were the problem.
- Ignorance: Please remove yourself from my bubble if you always want to be right. Don’t try to shove your opinion down my throat because I can guarantee you won’t hear from me again.
- Failure To Use Your Indicator: My road rage is very real, I’m a qualified backseat driver and it really gets on my last nerve when people fail to use this genius invention. I shudder to think how angry I’m going to be when I start driving this year…
- Sweet Melon, Guava, Papaya, Mango, Asparagus and Celery: My mom always told me never to pull my nose up for God’s food but please don’t try to feed me this because I will cry.
- Girls Who Flirt With My Boyfriend IN FRONT OF ME: I try not to be the jealous type of girlfriend but wow, once at a restaurant the waitress complimented my boyfriend almost 5 times and when I handed her the bill she said thank you to my boyfriend who wasn’t even at the table. I find it so hard to trust girls because they’re so disrespectful in terms of relationships sometimes.
- People Who Can’t Take A Compliment: I can’t stand when I tell someone that they look beautiful and they respond with “No, I’m ugly”. I have to remove myself from that situation before I grab you and say “TAKE THE DAMN COMPLIMENT”. I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t mean it and it’s just polite. Move on and say thank you.
- People Who Don’t Show Common Courtesy: Saying please and thank you or opening a door for a lady is just so nice. When a guy forces himself in front of me to get through the door I just want to sit him down and school him on basic manners. Table manners are just as important too.
Are you excited for day 4? I know I am!